Friday, May 09, 2014

2014 Art Exhibit: Dreams & Whatnots





                Dreams and Whatnots by Jaded Tenorio 
                                 An art exhibit [May 01-30, 2014]
                   
                  “When your life is so, so dreary, dream…” – Billy Corgan

     I’ve got a pocketful of dreams, just like any other dreamer does. My current artworks though, does not contain dreamy, bold, spontaneous strokes and are the opposite of being ‘free-form’ and abstract in style.  My illustrations, instead, hope to capture the beauty and emotions in the everyday “slice of life” in a semi-photorealistic approach. 

     My technique was instigated by my former College Thesis Professor who momentarily sidetracked my attempts at using other mediums of art and shaped my love for capturing beauty in the mundane via color pencil sketches. 

     I take delight in painstakingly drawing the intricate and oftentimes, repetitive details by using lines and cross-hatch method.  I enjoy layering the vivid colors to bring out the light, shadows and textures of the subject matters: mostly, still life and portraitures. 

     I dream to someday be able to create art which represents that of the post- impressionists who use strong, loose strokes of vibrant colors and semi-representation of their subject matters.  I have always been fond of the bold colors and dramatic brush strokes conveying strong emotions of Vincent Van Gogh’s creations.  And although I have an infinitely long way to go to even come close to resembling that of Van Gogh’s style, I am inspired by his words: “I am seeking, I am striving. I am in it with all my heart”.



No comments: